So...I was off today also (a 4 day weekend is so much better than 3)...I was a good girl and had all of my chores done before today (ok, not mowing...but it'll be done soon)...So, I basically didn't have to do anything today. What a great feeling...I'm sure there were things I should have done such as mowing...I could have volunteered somewhere...washed the car...but no! I took lunch to my 4th grader cousin and ate in the cafeteria...It was at the school I attended in 4th grade and looking at it again was very strange...I went to visit my aunt, visited some friends at their work (no I wasn't a distraction...well, I don't think I was)...Got my Sonic happy hour large Lime Coke (Happy Hour is going to last through the winter too, right?) But there was even more fun after that...

I was on a mission...For Halloween the various departments at my work go ALL OUT...and when I say ALL OUT...I mean it...We are so competitive...My department has an idea (I cannot share the specifics, but will later, probably around Oct. 31st)...Other departments are not above cheating...My mission was to find a particular item for a particular person in my department...I went to area thrift stores...Here is the question for today...WHY DO THEY SELL UNDERWEAR AT THE THRIFT STORE? I am not above garage sale-ing, swap meets, or thrift stores...but there should be a no underwear selling policy...at least a no underwear purchasing policy...at thrift stores, swap meets or garage sales...

Well, here are some pics from last year's Halloween Extravaganza...If you have an idea for my department email me!

So, my department was the whole gang from Scooby Doo! We transformed our office area into the Mystery Machine, and our boss was the Invisible Phantom that we had to capture. In case you're wondering, I'm Scooby. We so should have won right?

I even have Scooby Snacks for goodness sakes!
Honestly...a Hispanic Fred...He so pulled it off...
Velma even lost her glasses...
I know we look just like them...but that's not us in that pic of the Mystery Machine...
Another department was the Stepford Wives...fun...

Another were hippies...also very fun....
The winners were the Village People...Their costumes did look really good...but I still think we should have won...Am I bitter?...maybe...ok, yes...but wait until this year!!!

We even had Sid and Nancy...
More cowbell!!!
And even Dog the Bounty Hunter made an appearance...

Definitely let me know your creative ideas via email for any group costumes...we have some ideas we're working on...but we WILL win this year :)...

4 remarks:

wow I can't wait until this years halloween... hehe hohoho.... :) and for what you are looking for maybe ebay.com might have it cheap... just thought of it...

September 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

good idea, Sara...but your department is still going down! :)

September 3, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

I doubt that...

September 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Okay, are you not a teacher any more? So out of date, I thought you majored in education at OU?

September 5, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Awards-Thanx!